Law 199: The Best of American Case Law
Law 199: The Best of American Case Law is a 10-day, online summer course. It is designed to introduce students to some of the most important and exciting law school cases. Students will come to understand how the law school classroom works, experience a broad sample of at least eight different areas of the law, and engage with nationally renowned law faculty as they present some of the most important legal cases.
All students will receive a certificate for successful completion of the course. Current University of Illinois undergraduate students will also receive 3 credit hours.
July 19 - 30, 2021
9 a.m. - 12 p.m. daily
- July 19: Introduction to the American Legal System, Professor Davidson
- July 20: Income Taxation, Professor Kaplan
- July 21: Consumer Finance, Professor Lawless
- July 22: U.S. Constitutional Law, Professor Pahre
- July 23: Art Law, Professor McDade
- July 26: Criminal Law, Professor Leipold
- July 27: Professional Responsibility/Ethics, Professor Keenan
- July 28: Corporate Law, Professor Aviram
- July 29: Tort Law, Professor Wexler
All students will receive a certificate for successful completion of the course.
Current University of Illinois undergraduate students will also receive 3 credit hours.
University of Illinois undergraduates: Summer tuition
Incoming 2021 LLM and Non-University of Illinois students: $1,200
How to Enroll
University of Illinois students enroll in Law 199-A.
*Enrolled students will be emailed instructions for access in July.
Cancellations for a full refund must be received no later than June 14, 2021. Cancellations received between June 15, 2021 and July 11, 2021 will receive a refund of registration fees, less a $180 administrative fee. Refunds will not be issued for cancellations received after July 12, 2021.
To learn more about "The Best of American Case Law" course, please contact:
Office of Graduate & International Legal Studies
University of Illinois College of Law
504 East Pennsylvania Avenue, Suite 244
Champaign, Illinois 61820