Policy for the Timing of Employment Offers and Decisions Applicable to Law Firms of 40 or More Attorneys
Guidelines Applicable to 2L and 3L Students
1. Offers should be made in writing with all material terms and conditions of employment clearly expressed.
2. Students are permitted to hold a maximum of four offers at any given time.
3. For employers that have not previously employed the student, offers should remain open for 28 days from the date the written offer is transmitted, or until September 3, 2019, whichever is later.
4. Employers may require the student to reaffirm interest within 14 days, and rescind the offer if reaffirmation is not received. Prior to rescinding an offer under this provision, employers must first notify Greg Miarecki at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide students with adequate opportunity (at least 24 hours) to cure any failure to reaffirm.
5. For employers that have previously employed the student, offers should remain open for 14 days from the date the written offer is transmitted, or until October 1, 2019, whichever is later.
6. Employers are encouraged to grant reasonable requests for extensions of the above-referenced deadlines.
Guidelines Applicable to 1L Students
1. Employers may begin soliciting applications from College of Law students on or after November 15, 2019.
2. All summer employment offers should remain open for at least two weeks following the date of the offer letter.
3. Employers are encouraged to grant reasonable requests for extensions of the above-referenced deadlines.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If an employer wishes to deviate from these Guidelines, it may do so, if:
1. The firm provides its written policy (including the manner in which it deviates from these guidelines) with interviewees at the time of the initial interview and via e-mail to Greg Miarecki at email@example.com OR
2. It notifies the Office of Career Planning and Professional Development at least 24 hours in advance of extending an offer not in compliance with these Guidelines and discloses to the student, in writing, the offer terms that do not comply with these Guidelines. Notifications must be made to Greg Miarecki (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Alex Piller (email@example.com).