Alumni Directory Project
The University of Illinois College of Law desires to strengthen our alumni network to provide resources and connections for alumni. One way we are doing this in 2023 is through a partnership with Publishing Concepts Inc. (PCI) to produce a new print and digital alumni directory.
PCI will begin mailing postcards and sending e-mails to alumni in September 2023. The communication invites alumni to call a telephone number to verify or update their alumni profile. When alumni call, they will be offered the opportunity to purchase a printed or digital directory and some Illinois Law merchandise. You are under no obligation to purchase anything. Regardless of whether you purchase the directory, we thank you for updating your information.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information and said they were working with University of Illinois College of Law. Tell me more about the project.
We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce our new alumni directory. PCI is a family owned business based in Dallas, TX that has published directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities, and military organizations across the nation for over 100 years.
This project allows University of Illinois College of Law to receive important updates to our database so we can better serve our alumni.
- Does University of Illinois College of Law benefit from this at all?
Yes, in a few different ways:
- Updated Information – allows us to effectively communicate with and engage alumni
- Legacy – preserves the history of our school
- Pride – wearing apparel shows support and love for our school
- How do I know my information will only be used for directory purposes?
PCI is committed to protecting your information. The names, addresses and information provided to PCI for the publication of the Directory will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Directory and except as required by court order or law.
- I would like to verify or update my information. How may I do this?
- If you received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a real, live human being representing the University of Illinois College of Law project. They will verify the information we have on file for you and make any updates where needed.
- If you received an email with an embedded link, simply click the link to go to the online site and review your information.
- If you did not receive a postcard or email, you may call the dedicated University of Illinois College of Law update line at 866-561-0454.
- If you are living internationally or are unable to call the update line, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. PCI will send you a personalized link to update your information.
- Can I choose what information prints in the directory?
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative if you prefer any of your information be excluded. You can also communicate your preferences to PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 / email@example.com or to the College directly.
- Can anyone purchase a directory?
The University of Illinois College of Law Alumni Directory is available for sale only to University of Illinois College of Law alumni. You will be listed in the directory whether you decide to purchase a copy or not.
- When will I receive my directory?
The total duration of the directory project is about 12-14 months. Since we began the project in September 2023, the directories will be distributed in September-November 2024.
- I ordered a directory/package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
Contact PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 / firstname.lastname@example.org and they will take care of this for you.